Horse Park of New Jersey, 626 Rte 524, Allentown NJ 08501
USDF Region 1 CBLM Championships
41st Annual Colonel Bengt Ljungquist Memorial Dressage Championship
October 12 – 15, 2023
Opens: August 1, 2023
Closes: September 30, 2023
138 Red Bud Loop
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
Performance Show Judges:
Dorie Vlatten Schmitz
Breed Show Judges:
Dorie Vlatten Schmitz
The Col Bengt Ljungquist Memorial Championships (CBLM) were founded in 1983 by Dr. Samuel Barish, a past president of USDF, for the purpose of stimulating dressage competition at the USEF Levels. Later the FEI and Musical Freestyle divisions were added to the competition. The CBLM Championships served as the basis for the USEF/USDF GAIG Regional Championship program. These Championships are open to both US citizens and foreign riders; the rider just has to be a member of a participating USDF GMO at the time of qualification.
2010 marked another change in the CBLM format with the creation of a new managerial format and the creation of the CBLM, LLC. This change has several managerial advantages:
- It allows the CBLM to operate as a legal entity and have a bank account.
- It facilitates the collection of CBLM dues from participating GMOs and shows which are used as competitor awards.
- It will help attract sponsors as we are now able to provide regional advertising promotion to them.
- It assures that the CBLM Championship show will be presented in a consistently uniform fashion with an enhanced championship experience for the competitors.
- The show is open to all horse/rider combinations who are members of a participating GMO.
- Horse/rider combinations qualify by receiving qualifying scores in designated CBLM qualifying classes at participating shows.
- The rider is responsible for submitting a Qualification Form (available at cblm.org) as soon as possible after receiving the score. The Qualifying Form is sent to the CBLM President, Bettina Longaker. No rider may enter the CBLM Championship show until their Qualifying Form has been received by Bettina.
Rules and Qualifying Scores
A complete list of updated rules and qualifying scores for each level can be found on cblm.org.